- @mikebutcher More than happy to help. 7 hours ago
- @amnajahmad @LondonMarathon @DiabetesUK bravo 8 hours ago
- RT @fenlandgent: Film pitch idea: Mel Gibson and Roy Keane are bad cop/bad cop buddies in The Bad Beard Cops https://t.co/OJpWuuOKSl 8 hours ago
- Son1: "I deleted your comment on my post." Me: "What happened to freedom of speech?" Son1: "It died when you joined Instagram." 2 days ago
- This gets betterer and betterer and betterer and betterer as it goes on. thump.vice.com/en_uk/article/… 2 days ago
On drums and vibes, no less. Some proper talent there.
I’ve finally decided to start ripping my LPs and singles and post them as MP3s for download. That is, if you are remotely interested.
I’ve been working my way mainly through soundtracks today.
Here, you can listen to Once Upon a Time in the West, Hawk the Slayer, Conan the Barbarian, and Zulu.
I’m not going to spilt the tracks, only sides. Frankly, albums should be listened to as albums. Plus, I’m lazy. Enjoy.
Morricone’s brilliant Once Upon a Time in The West: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nw47aqr2ih3fj67/AADWtH0pFPCcfT0-cGuPrzJba
Opening theme to the 1980s Brit fantasy Hawk The Slayer: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjsz2a3581csfua/AAC-n0TwM92EgF8xLdH-zFj3a
Basil Poledouris’ Conan The Barbarian (the film that made Arnold) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fuihk6pogvbffvu/AAB5FIBEl_Ca–mEyQHszS-ua
And the great John Barry’s Zulu soundtrack – with Richard Burton doing his thing. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bx4fyx8jcszdi40/AADCh7dJLFOlij_ZznFlM07ga
Only 700 copies of First Big Weekend were pressed. I feel very lucky to own this one.
Steve Lamacq described it as the greatest record of the 90s. He may have been right.
Here is my 7″ copy of Wichita Lineman with a one-metre sq replica painted by the brilliant @MartinGroverUK. I have always wanted him to paint one of my records. I’m glad it’s this one. Check out more of his excellent work at http://www.martingrover.com.
I have been asked a few times to repost the link to the Dolly Parton “Jolene at 33rpm” file. I have put a couple or three different formats in a Dropbox folder here for you all. It was done in a bit of a rush, so let me know if any issues.
Huge thanks to my friend Arun for introducing this brilliant unworking of De La Soul’s 3 Feet High and Rising. Original tracks from which the samples were taken are worked into the album. Brilliant stuff.
Solid Steel Radio Show 24/5/2013 Part 1 + 2 – United States of Audio by Ninja Tune